Annique Sensitìv Soothing Moisturiser is a rich, caring formula that has been developed specifically for the needs of a sensitive skin, with allowance for harsh climatic conditions. This calming moisturiser contains macadamia nut oil that is rich in phytosterols to aid in skin recovery and reduce itchiness, tightness and inflammation. Also contains Rooibos extract for its soothing, anti-allergic, antioxidant and
Across the world, millions of people perceive their skin as being sensitive and these numbers are growing. Based on months of research, Annique presents to you Sensitìv, the Rooibos solution for sensitive skin. This new range will be the solution to your sensitive skincare concerns.
Whilst a sensitive skin is becoming increasingly common, it is still misunderstood. In the below article we discuss skin sensitivity challenges and Annique’s answer to this.
A sensitive skin and a sensitised skin exhibit the same symptoms and triggers, so it may be difficult to distinguish between the two. Understanding the differences could help you understand this skincare challenge and help you provide the best solution to your customer.
• Sensitive skin is caused by a genetic predisposition (DNA).
You are born with it!
• These people are prone to blushing, asthma and allergies.
• It is not limited to fair or red-haired individuals. It is now evident that darker skin tones can also
have a sensitive skin.
• Sensitive skin is prone to many skin conditions like:
• Atopic dermatitis or Seborrheic dermatitis
• Sensitised skin is a growing concern worldwide that affects people regardless of race, colour or age.
• It can be caused by:
• exposure to environmental influences, such as pollution and UV rays from the sun
• drastic changes in climate
• lifestyle: lack of sleep, stress, smoking, improper skincare regimes.
Sensitive and Sensitised skin – both result in a weakness in the skin’s protective outer layer (epidermal lipid barrier)
SKIN TYPE VS SKIN CONDITION
Skin type is the description of how and why your skin looks, feels and behaves the way it does.
The four most common skin types used in the cosmetic/skin care industry are:
dry, dehydrated and mature skin
Conditions occur in many different skin types and include:
TREAT A SENSITIVE OR SENSITISED SKIN FROM THE INSIDE OUT
Include Forever Healthy products such as: OptiClear, OptiDerm, OptiMega, OptiFlora
GENTLE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Macadamia Nut Oil
• Equivalent to the skin’s own natural oils
• Rich in essential fatty acids
• Calming and healing
• Offers natural pain relief
• Rich in antioxidants